Explore How Aegis Care is Protecting our Clients and Staff
The safety of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to offer care services to our clients in a safe and responsible manner that limits the spread of COVID-19, in line with the recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada and federal and provincial health authorities. We continue to adhere to strict safety protocols when delivering care in order to keep our clients and staff safe.
You can expect this from us
- SCREENING: Screening of all clients and staff for COVID-19 symptoms before each visit and adjusting our plan accordingly.
- PPE: Staff wear safe and appropriate PPE (personal protective
equipment) that’s suitable for each work situation.
- TRACKING: Monitoring and tracking all potential exposure risks among clients and staff – including mandatory self-isolation for staff returning from international travel, confirmed with COVID-19 diagnosis or suspected COVID-19 exposure.
- EDUCATION: Educating staff on public health guidelines and resources.
- LIMITING: Implementing video and teleconferencing technologies to offer care services virtually to limit person-to-person contact. We also offer virtual interviews, consultations, and assessments, scheduling, meetings, and sharing of educational resources.
Do Your Part
CLEAN your hands often (wash with soap and water, and use alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available).
AVOID TOUCHING your face (eyes, nose, mouth).
PRACTICE PHYSICAL DISTANCING (keep 6 feet of distance from other people) and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
COVER YOUR COUGH and use disinfectant wipes or sprays to clean frequently touched surfaces.
STAY HOME IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS (fever/temperature of 38°C or more, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle aches or body pains, fatigue or weakness, new loss of smell or taste, headache, abdominal pain, diarrhea or vomiting, feeling very unwell). If you experience any of these symptoms, please seek medical attention.